HVCID is looking for a Volunteer Bookkeeper. Work with great people and get involved in your Community and making a difference! We meet once a month on a Wednesday 5.30 – 6.30pm.
Please give me a call for further information.
|Crime update from Lt Col Fourie, Visible Police Commander, Claremont SAPS|
Crime information over the Festive Season was presented, comparing period 15 Oct 2020 – 31 Jan 2021 with 15 Oct 2021 – 31 Jan 2022:
12% decrease in theft / shoplifting / fraud.
4% decrease in contact related crimes.
2% decrease in property related crimes (theft out of MV, burglary etc)
2% decrease in assault
23% decrease in common robbery, other robbery (with knife, firearm, other weapon)
Trio crimes (house robbery, business robbery, hijacking) marginally up by 2 cases; 2 arrests made.
Productivity stats of SAPS members:
* 4 Arrests for Trio Crimes, with 2 for business robbery and 2 for carjacking.
* Possession of unlicensed firearm and ammunition – arrests increased by 4.
* Possession of stolen property – arrests increased by 5.
* Possession of housebreaking implements – arrests increased by 3.
* Possession of dangerous weapons – increased by 5.
* Significant increase in drug arrests – marijuana, cocaine, tik and mandrax. Increase of 28.
Claremont has seen an influx of street people, and corresponding drug and alcohol abuse on our streets.
|Please make sure your street lights are working. If they are not please report them to the City on the eservices site below. If they do not respond, please send me an email with your reference numbers to follow up! You can also use eservices to log broken or missing street signs, potholes, or broken pavements, dislodged paving stones or a road in need of resurfacing, dumping, litter, squatting and more.|
Har-Lyn neighbourhood watch do incredible work for our Community and they are looking for patrollers. It really helps if more eyes are out there and helps keep crime under control.
Donations are welcome too. www.harlynwatch.org.za
Please keep recycling!
|Please follow these basic guidelines if you need help or need to alert someone urgently…Call: Police 10111 and Fidelity ADT Emergency: 086 1212 301|
Also call Har-Lyn Neighbourhood Watch: 071 802 2454 (Please hold on the line if no one answers right away, as it will forward through to F-ADT).
OTHER IMPORTANT CONTACT NUMBERS:
Police (National): 10111, Police (Claremont): 021 657 2250
Police Sector 1 Manager – W.O. Wilkins: 079 894 1555
HVCID Manager – Jen Rowe: 081 412 6109 (9am – 5pm Mon to Fri) / email@example.com
City of Cape Town Emergency Services (When life or property is endangered by fire, accidents, natural disasters etc.): From mobile: 112; From Landline: 107
Metro Police & Traffic: 0860 765 423
|CRIME REPORT : (Please note that we are not allowed to report specifics)|
Reported by Fidelity ADT: 1 – 31 December 2021
– Burglaries at residential premises – Second Avenue
1 – 31 January 2022
– No incidents were reported
Incidents reported to SAPS: 6 – 12 December 2021- House Robbery – Cambridge Street
– Theft from motor vehicle – Leicester Street, 2nd Avenue
– Theft general – Hereford Street,2nd Avenue
– Theft out of motor vehicle – 1St Avenue, 2nd Avenue, 3rd Avenue, Bell Road,Ravensworth Road
Incidents reported to SAPS: 1 – 30 January 2022- Burglaries at residential premises – Rutland Road, Bedford Street, 1st Avenue
– Car Jacking – Bell Road
– Common Assault – 1st Avenue
– Malicious damage to Property – Pembroke Street
– Theft general – 3rd Avenue, Hereford Road
– Theft of motor vehicle or motor cycle – Devon Street,2nd Avenue
– Theft out of motor vehicle – Durham Street, Epsom Road, 3rd Avenue, 2nd AvenueFIDELITY ADT PATROL CARS: 1 – 31 December 2021 and 1 -31 January 2022
The two dedicated vehicles for the HVCID have either D19 or D20 on the back of the vehicleMileage per vehicle per week for December:
D19: 2112, 2098, 2097, 2126, 2010
D20: 2229, 2044, 2012, 2215, 2199
Mileage per vehicle per week for January 2022:
D19: 2084, 2088, 2158, 2085
D20: 2183, 2012, 2196, 2167
Call outs per vehicle per week for December:
D19: 11, 27, 29, 22, 21
D20: 69, 110, 66, 78, 73
Call outs per vehicle per week for January 2022:
D19: 14, 16, 13, 11
D20: 60, 64, 72, 46